Course in Community Development ProgramNew Delhi YMCA
Price on request
- New delhi
Course in Community Development Program
1. Promotion and enhancement of mutual caring, loving and humane communities with a mission of restoring abundant life to all, with special concern for the most distressed and dehumanised in the capital.
2. Develop a self-reliant society by educating and motivating the urban-poor in resettlement colonies and slums.
3. As women and youth form an integral part in National Development, they cannot be denied their place and ignored. Thus it assists women and youth to realise their full potential through social and educational development activities, enabling them to take up greater responsibilities and perform a better role.
The Department has been working with underprivileged people living in selected slums and resettlement colonies for a number of years. At present the community work is being carried out at eleven Alternative Learning Centres coordinated through three Community Development Centres at : Kapoor Thakur, Aradhak Nagar and Kalyan Puri.
The objective is to develop a self reliant society by educating and motivating the urban poor in resettlement colonies and slums concentrating on child care, community health care, adult education, legal literacy, income generating programmes, etc. The Department proposes to undertake Awareness Generation Programme in Slums and Resettlement Colonies on the following :
* Women and Health
* Social Legislation, Legal Literacy
* Domestic Violence on Women
* Livelihood skills
* Self Help Group/ Cooperatives
Apart from these, the YMCA also runs a Family Counselling Centre at Aradhak Nagar. The Centre caters to issues such as
* Dowry harassment
* Property Dispute
* Domestic Violence
* Vocational Guidance
* Employment Assistance etc.