Course in Kathak Dance for Advance LevelRukmini Devi Lalit Kala Kendra
Price on request
- New delhi
The duration of the program is for two years. The classes are mainly held on Tuesdays and Fridays. Classes are taken by Mrs. Arti Sharma. This program consists of two levels namely Visharad-1 and Visharad-2. The paper consists of 150 marks in which oral is 50 and practical is 100.
• Information of teentaal with inclusion of Laya-Taala-Matra-Tali-Khali-Awartan-Sam.
• Define the terms: Tatkar-Gat-Palta-Amad-Paran-Nritta-Nritya-Natya-Lasya-Tandava.
• Informationa of: Thaat-Dwigun-Chaugun-Tihaai.
• Writing of various tukras and tihaiis in the layas: ekgun-dugun.
• Writing tatkar in ekgun, dugun and chowgun layas.
• Practice of all basic movements related to head, shoulder, and eyebrows with all body movements.
• Walking in layakari while clapping with the beats.
• In Teental:- 2 types of Tatkar with different movements in ekgun, dugun and chowgun, 10-tukras, 4 easy gatnikas without chaal.
• 1 theme dance whether in teental or in keharwa.
• Knowledge of padhants/recitation of all kinds of tukras while performing.
• Relevance of ghungroos and their use in Kathak.
• Information of the following terms:
2. 6-Pratyangas and their Upangas.
3. 8 Drishti Bhed(eye movements
4. 4 Griva Bhed(Neck-Movements)
5. 6 Bhrakuti Bhed(eye-brow movements)
• Qualities of Ghungroos and their role.
• Drawing of following exponents:
• Define the terms: kavit-chakkardar paran-gat-salami-asanyukta hastak.
• Making of notations to all types of tukras-tihaiis-parans-etc. in given taals.