Course in Kathak Dance for IntermediateRukmini Devi Lalit Kala Kendra
Price on request
- New delhi
The duration of the program is for three years. The classes are mainly held on Tuesdays and Fridays. Classes are taken by Mrs. Arti Sharma. This program consists of two levels namely Bhushan-1 and Bhushan-2. The paper consists of 150 marks in which oral is 50 and practical is 100.
The content of the syllabus is as follows:
1. Introduction to teentaal with the knowledge of lay-taal-matra-khali-avartam-sum.
2. Define the following terms: tatkar-gat-palta-aamad-paran-nritta-nritya-natya-tandav-lasya.
3. Introduction to that-gatnikas-tihaiis
4. To make notations of all types of tukras in both ekgun and dugun layas.
5. Illustrating tatkars in ekgun, dugun and chowgun layas.
• Practice of all basic movements related to head, shoulder, and eyebrows with all body movements.
• Walking in layakari while clapping with the beats.
• In Teental:- 2 types of Tatkar with different movements in ekgun, dugun and chowgun, 10-tukras, 4 easy gatnikas without chaal.
• 1 theme dance whether in teental or in keharwa.
• Knowledge of padhants/recitation of all kinds of tukras while performing.
• Relevance of ghungroos and their use in Kathak.
• Information of the following terms:
2. 6-Pratyangas and their Upangas.
3. 8 Drishti Bhed(eye movements
4. 4 Griva Bhed(Neck-Movements)
5. 6 Bhrakuti Bhed(eye-brow movements)
• Qualities of Ghungroos and their role.
• Drawing of following exponents:
• Define the terms: kavit-chakkardar paran-gat-salami-asanyukta hastak.
• Making of notations to all types of tukras-tihaiis-parans-etc. in given taals