COURSE IN ORAL IMPLANTOLOGYManubhai Patel Dental College & Hosptial
Price on request
- 30 hours of class
COURSE IN ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY
Oral Implantology is now emerged as a new branch in dentistry world wide and it has been given a separate status in the universities abroad. In India day to day the practice of treating patients with implants are on rise. In this contest inclusion of this branch into under graduate curriculum has become very essential. The objective behind this is to impart basic knowledge of Oral Implantology to undergraduates and enable them to diagnose, plan the treatment and to carry out the needed pre surgical mouth preparations and treat or refer them to speciality centres. This teaching programme may be divided and carried out by the Dept. of Oral Surgery, Prosthodontics and Periodontics.
History of implants, their design & surface characteristics and osseo-integration
2. Scope of oral & maxillofacial implantology & terminologies
3. A brief introduction to various implant systems in practice
Bone biology, Morphology, Classification of bone and its relevance to implant treatment and bone augmentation materials.
5. Soft tissue considerations in implant dentistry
6. Diagnosis & treatment planning in implant dentistry.
Case history taking/Examination/Medical evaluation/Orofacial evaluation/ Radiographic evaluation/ Diagnostic evaluation/ Diagnosis and treatment planning/ treatment alternatives/ Estimation of treatment costs/ patient education and motivation - 2 Hrs.
7. Pre surgical preparation of patient
8. Implant installation & armamentarium for the Branemark system as a role model
9. First stage surgery - Mandible - Maxilla
10. Healing period & second stage surgery
11. Management of surgical complications & failures
12. General considerations in prosthodontic reconstruction & Bio mechanics
13. Prosthodontic components of the Branemark system as a role model
14. Impression procedures & Preparation of master cast
Jaw relation records and construction of suprastructure with special emphasis on occlusion for osseointegrated prosthesis
16. Management of prosthodontic complications & failures
17. Recall & maintenance phase.
Criteria for success of osseointegrated implant supported prosthesis