Course in Structural Engineering (Part Time)Suvidya Institute of Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Frequent Asked Questions
Diploma & Degree in Civil and Mechanical Engineering
-Structural Engineering Course Outlines:
This course will help the student to have in-depth understanding of structural behavior. This understanding will form a basis for analysis and design of building structures. It will encourage using information technology in the design process.
Further more, the students will obtain the ability to choose and adapt calculation models and appropriate methods on basis of in-depth understanding of the physical behavior, properties and limitations of the models and with regard to the actual purpose of the calculations.
-Structural Engineering Course Syllabus:
* Introduction to industry and industrial systems e.g. Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, Organic Pharmaceutical etc...
* Role of civil engineers in various fields.
* Inputs form various departments and output.
* Concept of Analysis and Loading Calculations.
* Concrete Structure Design with relevant codes & standards. Steel structure design with relevant codes & standards.
* Equipment supporting structures and foundations.
* Pipe Racks and Sleepers.
* General Civil Works - Roads, Drains, CRWS (Contaminated Rain Water Sewer), OWS (Oily Water Sewer), Paving, Dyke wall, Tank Farm Area, Boundary wall, fence, gate, Local support and platforms.
* Special Facilities - Cooling Tower, Flare Stack, Chimney.
* Computer Aided Analysis and Design.
* To give a synthesis of Structural Mechanics and Structural Engineering on basis of selected applications.
* To exercise the knowledge gained in the parallel Courses in a context.
* To widen the perspective on analysis and design of structural systems.
-Structural Engineering Career Opportunities:
The individual can perform independently in any type of Engineering Consultancy, Construction Companies etc...