Course in Thai Massage Level 1School Of Thai Yoga Massage
- 30 hours of class
Frequent Asked Questions
1. Passport size picture for your certificates 2. Course fees (Level 1 Rs7000 Level 2 Rs.8000 Level Profession Rs.6000 total Rs.21000) 3. Loose fitting clothes for practice. 4. Warm Clothes in the night and good raincoat/umbrella
Teachers and trainers (1)
TYMS is run by India’s only certified Thai Yoga Massage instructor, Cyriac Joseph. Cyriac has more than 515 hours of training in Thai Massage and massage related anatomy. Cyriac has trained at several Thai Massage schools in Thailand including the Sunshine network, School for Massage and Health( Chiang Mai) , ITM (Chiang Mai), Lek Chaiya School. In addition Cyriac has trained with the great masters of Thai Pichest and Sinchai and hence brings wide range of techniques to suit your body and style.
The purpose of the course is too bring the student to a state of play with Thai massage in the Supine position and covers about 50 sequences in this position. The student is taught basics of correct posture, breathing and rhythm while giving a massage and is expected to demonstrate the ability to creatively use and play with various combination of sequences while maintaining continuity, balance and rhythm with the massage.
The course is targeted at Massage practitioners, Yoga practitioner, and people interested in alternative healing, Buddhist mediation. Upon completion students will be able to perform an effective 1 - 1 ½ hour Thai Massage.
- History and theory of Thai massage including benefits/contraindications. Theory of energy lines from the perspective of prana flow One Hour
- Use of various palming, thumbing and elbow techniques, the use of gravity, posture, breathing and rhythm. 30 minutes
- Foot Reflexology and Warming 2 hours
- Concepts of energy lines and flow of the same over legs and arms, palming and thumbing exercises on the line. 2.5 hours
- One leg exercises 6 hours
- Double leg exercises ( 2 Hours)
- Abdominal hara work, chest points (one hour)
- Arms (2 hours)
- Neck and shoulders ( 1 hours)
- Face and head (2 hours)
- Practice ( 3 Hours Day four II half)
- Practice and examination (Day five 6 hours)