D.M. COURSE IN ENDOCRINOLOGYMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
D.M. COURSE IN ENDOCRINOLOGY
K nowledge :
1. Endocrinology which includes
a. Diabetes Mellitus
c. Neuroendocrinology and Pituitary Disease
d. Growth and Maturation
e. Adrenal Gland and Adrenal Hormones.
f. Reproductive Endocrinology and Sexual Function in both males and
g. Parathyroid Gland, Calcitropic Hormone and Bone Metabolism.
h. Obesity, Anorexia and Nutrition.
i. Endocrinology of Pregnancy.
j. Endocrine Tumor Syndromes.
k. Endocrine changes in critically in Patient.
l. Cardiovascular Endocrinology.
m. Immunology and Endocrinology
n. Clinical epidemiology relevant to endocrinology.
o. Endocrine involvement in other medical disorders
And management of the relevant disorders
2. Relevant theoretical aspects of Surgical endocrine procedures
3. Relevant Radiological and nuclear medicine aspects: reading imaging modalities
like USG, CT, MRI, nuclear medicine scans, DXA scans etc as applied to
4. Basic sciences including anatomy, physiology, laboratory methods and molecular
biology as applied to endocrinology.
5. Hormone assay procedures.
6. Record keeping (case).
7. Computer databases for dealing with endocrine disorders.
8. Clinical, laboratory & basic Research including statistical methods.
9. Medical Nutrition Therapy (Student should be able to assess the diet of a patient
and give proper advice)
10. Medical audit.
11. Extramural training rotation should be encouraged.
1. Decision-making, clinical diagnosis, investigations, planning, interpreting and
executing endocrine testing and management of Endocrine problems.
2. Dynamic endocrine testing
3. Monitoring treatment of endocrine conditions
4. Intensive care of endocrine emergencies
5. Counseling patients and relatives with endocrine disorders including Diabetes
education and training diabetes educator
6. Ability to carry out scientific research, review and present research findings to
7. Ability to teach undergraduate & postgraduate students in the subject.