D. Phil. in Environmental Plant BiologyHemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
Price on request
Major thrust areas in the research at the Centre are:
1. Population biology, genetic variability and productivity of alpine plants.
It includes improvement and multiplication of selected superior types by using biotechnology and tissue culture method.
2. Seed biology, vegetative propagation and nursery technology of temperate and sub-alpine tree species.
3. Biophysical and biochemical adaptation in mountain plants.
4. Environmental physiology of nitrogen fixing mountain species.
5. Responses of plants to climate change.
The candidates willing to join the D. Phil. Degree program at the Centre should be fellowship holders (either direct fellowship on in some research projects/programs undertaken by the Centre).