DGOMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
1. Basic sciences
A)Applied Anatomy in females of genito urinary system,
abdomen, pelvis, pelvic floor, anterior abdominal wall
B)Anatomy of fetus
C)Fundamentals of reproduction
Gametogensis fertilization, implantation & early
development of human embryo.
Placenta - development, structure, functions
Amniotic fluid - formation and function
Fetal growth & development, fetal physiology
Birth defects,Genetics & teratology & counselling.
Physiological changes during pregnancy, labour and
Endocrinology of pregnancy.
Immunology of pregnancy
2. Normal pregnancy, labour & puerperium.
Breast feeding - baby friendly initiative
3. Early recognition and prompt management of pregnancy
complications, - Hyperemesis gravidarum, abortions,
ectopic pregnancy, hydatidiform mole,
Pre-eclampsia, eclampsia, Pathophysiology of PIH,
Antepartum hemorrhage, multiple pregnancy,
polyhydramnios, Oligohydramnios &Prolonged pregnancy.
4. Management of pregnancies complicated by
medical,surgical or gynaecological diseases, in consultation
with the concerned specialities by team approach.
* Anemia,Heart disease,diabetes mellitus, liver
disorders,Respiratory diseases, Renal diseases, CNS
disorder, Skin, Psychiatry
Hypertensive disorders .
* Acute abdomen, Acute Appendicitis, Intestinal
· Fibroids, Ovarian tumors, Carcinoma cervix, genital
· Recent advances in medical and surgical management.
5. Infections in pregnancy.
Malaria, Toxoplasmosis, viral infections ( Rubella, CMV,
Hepatitis B, Herpes) syphilis and Other sexually
transmitted infections including HIV, Leptospirosis.
Parents to child transmission of HIV infection. (PPTCT)
6. Evaluation of the fetal and maternal health in complicated
pregnancy by making use of available diagnostic modalities
and plan for safe delivery of the fetus while safeguarding the
maternal health. Identification of fetus at risk and
High risk pregnancy - Post caesarean pregnancy, prolonged
gestation, preterm labour, fetal growth restriction, premature
rupture of membranes, blood group incompatibility,
recurrent pregnancy wastages. Imaging techniques, CTG
7. Prenatal diagnosis of fetal abnormalities and appropriate
care. Fetal therapy. PNDT Act and its implications.
8. Partographic monitoring of labour progress, early
recognition of dysfunctional labour and appropriate
interventions during labour including active management of
9. Obstetrical analgesia and anesthesia.
10. Induction and augmentation of labour.
11. Management of abnormal labour : Abnormal pelvis, soft
tissue abnormalities in birth passage, Malpresentation and
malpositions of fetus, abnormal uterine action, obstructed
labour and cervical dystocia. Third stage complications -
PPH including surgical management, retained placenta,
uterine inversion, post partum collapse, amniotic fluid
12. Abnormal puerperium, Puerperal sepsis
Thrombophlebitis, Mastitis, Puerperal venous sinus
13. National Health Programmes to improve the maternal
and child health, social obstetrics and vital statistics.
(Maternal and Perinatal mortality)
14. Drugs used in obstetric practice including
15.Coagulation disorders in obstetrics, Blood and
16.Operative obstetrics - decision making, technique,
recognition and management of complications - C.S.
instrumental delivery, obstetrics hysterectomy, role of
destructive surgery.Manipulations-version,MRP etc.
Forceps,Vaccum, Internal iliac artery ligation
17. Intensive care in obstetrics for critically ill patient. Fluid
and electrolyte balance, volume status maintenance,
protecting vital organ function.
18. Provision of safe abortion services - selection of case,
techniques, and management of complications. Septic
abortion, Criminal abortion, MTP Act Adoption laws.
1. Care of newborn
care of preterm, S.G.A.neonates, infants of diabetec mother
2.Asphyxia & Neonatal resuscitation (Respiratory distress
syndrome and Meconium aspiration syndrome)
3. Neonatal sepsis - prevention, Early detection &
4. Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia, investigation and
5. Birth trauma - prevention, early detection &
6.Detection of congenital malformations in new born and
make timely referrals for surgical corrections.
7. Management of the common problems in neonatal period.
Development of genital tract and associated
malformations. Basics of breast diseases related to ob/gy
Applied anatomy of female genital tract, abdominal wall
and urinary tract.
Physiology of menstruation and ovulation
Physiology of spermatogenesis
Endocrinology - hypothalamus pituitary, thyroid and
adrenal glands Neurotransmitters
Common menstrual disorders and their management
3. Diagnosis and surgical management of clinical conditions
related to congenital malformations of genital tract.
Reconstructive surgery in gynaecology
4. Chromosomal abnormalities and intersex. Ambiguous sex
5. Reproductive Endocrinology : Evaluation of primary and
secondary amenorrhoea, management of
hyperprolactinemia, Hirsutism, chronic anovulation and
PCOD,. Thyroid dysfunction.
6. Endometriosis and adenomyosis - medical and surgical
7. Infertility evaluation and management. Use of ovulation
induction methods and Tubal microsurgery, Assisted
reproduction techniques , management of immunological
factors in infertility. Adoption law, medico-legal and ethical
8. Reproductive Tract Infections, Sexually Transmitted
Infections, HIV/AIDS : Prevention, Diagnosis and
9 Screening for genital malignancies - cytology, colposcopy
and biochemistry. Management of premalignant lesions
10. Benign and malignant tumors of 10. Benign and malignant tumors of genital tract - Early
diagnosis and management.
11. Principles and practice of oncology in gynaecology -
chemotherapy, radiotherapy, palliative treatment.
12. Supports of pelvic organs , genital prolapse,surgical
management of genital prolapse.
13. Common urological problems in gynaecology - SUI,
voiding difficulties, VVF, urodynamics, surgical repair of
genital fistulae, ureteric and bladder injuries.
14. Management of menopouse, prevention of
complications, HRT, cancer screening - genital, breast.
15. Recent advances.
16. Newer diagnostic aids - USG, interventional
sonography, other imaging techniques, endoscopy.
17. Hysteroscopy, laporoscopy - diagnostic, simple surgical
procedures, including laparoscopic tubal occlusion ,
endometrial ablative techniques, colposcopy.
18. Medicolegal aspects, ethics, communications and
counselling.( SEXUAL / ASSAULTS)
19. Operative gynaecology - Selection of case, technique
and management of complications of minor and major
· Abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy
· Surgical procedures for genital prolapse
· Surgical management of benign and malignant genital
· Repair of genital fistulae, SUI
· Operative endoscopy - Laparosocpic, Hysteroscopic
20. Recent advances in gynaecology - diagnostic and
21. Special groups - Pediatric and adolescent gynaecology,
22. Evidence based management
FAMILY PLANNING :
1. Demography and population Dynamics.
2. Contraception - Temporary methods. Permanent methods
(vasectomy and female sterilization) Legal issues.
3. MTP Act and procedures of MTP in first & second
trimester.( Recent Amendments, Legal/ethical issues)
4. Emergency contraception.
5. Recent advances, New development, Future research
work in contraceptive technology.