Diploma in Biotechnology EngineeringAcharya Institutes
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Pass in SSLC / 10th or equivalent examinations where in the student should have studied Mathematics and Science.
Biotechnology is an emerging technology, which involves the knowledge from life sciences along with inputs from the chemical engineering, instrumentation, information technology etc. for the application in agriculture, food industry, Medicine, Pharmaceuticals and bulk chemical industries and environment conservation. The syllabus has been approved by BTE and BIOCON –a major Biotech. Industry
• Exploring the living organisms world for the benefit of mankind.
• Nurturing the skills for upcoming technology
• Apply the principles and methods to other fields.
The Technical Diploma programmes follow a wide spectrum of craft skills and project work within the various engineering options. In addition, thorough grounding is established in basic computing skills, engineering mathematics, engineering science and engineering drawing. A large part of the studies will be hands-on training in excellent workshops equipped to the highest standards. Theoretical studies are included to support practical work.
A diploma in biotechnology moulds students to work in various industries like:
• Pharmaceutical Industry
• Agriculture & Crop
• Improvement industries
• Bioinformatics Sector
• Bulk Chemical Industries
The Diploma qualification provides a good grounding for students who wish to continue further studies or employment where the skills, knowledge and understanding of planning, designing, construction & manufacturing are useful. The programme will develop the student’s understanding for a full range of careers within the manufacturing and maintenance industry as members of a flexible, competitive, multi-skilled workforce.
As a matter of fact, today’s technology driven industries are forcibly looking at diploma students to fill up a lot of vacancies in their organisations when higher engineering skills may not be immediately required.
• Applied Mathematics
• English Communication
• Electrical & Electronics Engineering
• Basics of Computer & Comp Organization
• Basic Computer Skills Lab
• Applied Science Lab
• Elements of Mechanical Engineering
• Engineering Drawing
• C – Programming Lab
• Chemistry Lab
• Cell Biology and Genetics
• Chemical Thermodynamics
• Cell Biology and Genetics Lab
• Biochemistry Lab
• Chemical Thermodynamics Lab
• Unit Operations Lab
• Molecular Biology & Genetic Engg.
• Unit Operations Lab
• Molecular biology & Genetic Engg Lab
• Microbiology Lab
• Momentum Transfer
• Bioprocess and Bioreaction Engg.
• Separation Techniques
• Momentum Transfer Lab
• Bioprocess and Bioreaction Engg.Lab
• Separation Techniques Lab
• ISAP Lab
• Upstream & Downstream Process Technology
• Biochemical Reactions and Calculations
• Bioethics, Biosafety and IPR
• Bioinformatics Lab
• Upstream Process Lab
• Project Work and Training
• Bioprocess Principles
• Animal Biotechnology
• Food Biotechnology
• Industrial Biotechnology
• Environmental Biotechnology