Diploma in Drilling EngineeringOrissa School of Mining Engineering
Price on request
Details of syllabus - 3rd Semester Drilling - subject -Theory-01 Exploratory Drilling
1. Surface Exploratory Drilling
2. Methods of Exploratory Drilling
3. Drilling Practice
Origin, Nature and Geological classification of rock surface process causing Rock disintegration, elements of Mineralogy, Elements of Structural Geology.
Drilling machinery-diamond Drilling Rig, vibration in diamond drilling, derrick, core barrel, core bit, casing, Fishing.
Sub-Mine survey, Topic-Measurement of distance, compass survey, Leveling, controlling, calculation of Ore reserves. Theodolite survey.
Practical -I Geology-I Practical-Topical Identification of Ore minerals, Industrial minerals, Rock forming minerals, in land specimen.
1. Determination of specific gravity of small specimen by Jolly's balance.
Drilling machinery Practical -
1. Study of drilling accessories, instruments and retting.
2. Study of different fishing tools.
3. Study of different mallines different units of rigs by disassembling and assembling.
4. Practicing the starting of Diesel Engine, Petrol Engine and running electric motors.
5. Study of different tyres of water pumps, different units of reciprocating pump, centril turbine, mono PUMPS subric sible PUMP etc. by aisassembling and assembling.
6. Operational technique and maintenance of rig, Duplex Triplex and simplex pump site.
7. Practicing the operation of rig site.