Diploma in Folk music (Vocal and Instrumental)Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
Price on request
The diploma will be awarded on the performance skills acquired by the students during the course. The training will have both the in situ and in house modes of training as discussed under the heading "Diploma in Folk Dances".
Areas of Training
The candidate will choose one of the following combinations of following instruments or vocal traditions:
3. Algoja (Jaunl Murali)
4. Hurka-Thali & Daunr-Thali
5. Nagaara, Madal & Dholak
1. Chanchari, Jhora, Neoli, Bair, Thadya, Chaunfula, Jhumailo, Bajuband, Laman.
2. Ghadyali or Jagars of Nrising, Bhairava, Golu, Harusaim, Gangnath, Ramolas
3. Nanda Devi Jagar traditions of Aathaun, Dangoli, Almora, Badiyakot, Van-Mundoli, Nauti, Laata, Kurur, Nagpur (Urgam & Panchgain) and Sari (Okhimath)
4. Pandavani : Mandakini valley, Gyarahgaon, Hindau, Jaunsar, Agastyamuni/Mahabharat
5. Bhadauli of Jhusia Damain and that of Sila, Shiv Charan, Kaviraj, Giraj, Bulli Das, Charan Das, Daulat Ram & Madan Das
6. Radhakhandi & Chaiti songs
7. Harul, Tandi, Laman, Chopti, Natis etc.
8. Mahabharat lores of Babrubahan, Baimata, Balram, Krishna,Lilas etc. Ramayan lores of Painkhanda, Nagpur and Malli-Kaliphat and Sor valley.
9. Modern music albums of Narendra Singh Negi, Preetam Bhartwaan, Kishan Singh Panwar, Jagat Ram Verma, Nayan Nath Rawal, Hira Singh Rana, and Gopal Babu Goswami (This option is open only for those having formal degrees in Music)
10. Holi Songs of Baith and Khadi Holi of Kumaun and the traditional Bedas and Bajgis.
11. Diploma in Folk Dances of Uttarakhand