Diploma in Garment Designing and Tailoring (Part Time)Guru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
Diploma in Garment Designing and Tailoring (Part Time)
Paper - I
1. Meaning and importance of garment designing.
2. Elementary knowledge of principles and elements of design in relation to garment
3. Factors influencing designing of dress and selection of clothes for different
persons- Age, Sex, Climate, Physical characteristics, Activity, Occasion and
4. Taking body measurements.
1. Figure drawings for children and women.
2. Designing garments for children - Rompor, Night Suit, Frock - Aline and Party
A. Making samples of basic stitches like: Basting, Tacking, Hermming, Back
Stitch, Button Hole and Loop Stitch.
B. Basic Seams: Plain, Raun & Fell, French, Lapped, Counter and Mentua
C. Tucks: Pleats, Gathers, Placket Openings - One Piece, Two Piece, Zipper,
Finishing of Neck Lines.
D. Decorative Stitches: (Any ten and making an embroidery sampler.)
Paper - II
1. Drafting: Meaning, Importance, Adaptation, Lay Cut and Sketching
2. Fabric selection, placing of patterns, marking and cutting
3. Equipment used for drafting, cutting and stitching.
4. Sewing machine - its use, defects and maintenance.
1. Figure drawing for women
2. Designing of salwar, kameej, kurt- churidar, nighty, skirt and top.
3. Drafting of child's bodies block and adaptation to A-line choli frock.
4. Drafting, Adaptation, Cutting and stitching of the following:
a Collars - baby, peter pan, cape and chinese band
b Sleeves - plain, puff and cap
c One frock
5. Drafting of adult bodies block and its adaptation to different garments
6. Stitching of salwar suit, churidar and nighty.