Legal Secretary Diploma - OnlineGlobal Edulink
£ 345 - (Rs 29,726) £ 35 - (Rs 3,016)
- Intensive course
What you'll learn on the course
Grammar for Law
This online Legal Secretary Diploma course has been designed for 60 guided learning hours. Each unit carries 20 guided learning hours. Following course outline will provide you the an idea about main topics areas are covered in this training course. The numbers of sub topics are covered under following each main topic:
Course Content (Course Outline):
Unit 01: Understanding the Legal Systems
- Introduction to English Legal System
- Basic Legal Principles
- The English Legal System
- The English Courts system
- Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning
- Formal Logic and Legal Writing
- English Contracts
- Grammar for Law
- Preparing court forms and statements
- Dealing with fee processes
- Attending court or police cells with solicitors
UNIT 01: Secretarial Skills Development
- Job functions and Description of a Legal Secretary
- Diary Management.
- Business Reports and Letter Writing.
- E-mails Writing Tips.
- Handling Confidential Documents.
- Successful Meeting Minutes.
- Note Taking.
- Documents proofreading.
- Data Management, Record Keeping and Filing.
- Appointment Booking and Arranging Interviews.
- Delivering Postal Mail.
- Customer Service and Telephone Handling Skills.
- Organising a Meeting.
- Event Planning.
- Arrange Business Travel & Accommodation
- Tips for Speed Reading.
- Time Management.
- Confidence Building.
- Motivating Employees
- Social Media for Personal and Professional Development.
Skills, interests and qualities you will gain;
To become a legal secretary, you would need to have:
- Excellent secretarial skills
- Knowledge of law and legal procedures
- Computer literacy
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- A good standard of spelling and grammar
- The ability to work to deadlines and do several tasks at the same time
- The ability to work well as part of a team and also on your own
- A polite, helpful manner.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Starting salaries can be between £18,000 and £22,000 a year, depending on your location. With experience, this can rise to between £22,000 and £33,000. Highly-qualified legal secretaries can earn between £35,000 and £40,000 or more a year. Figures are intended as a guideline only. With experience you could progress to senior legal secretary, PA or office manager in larger firms.