Diploma In PC Architecture And NetworkingAMP Solutions
Price on request
Diploma In PC Architecture And Networking
1) Dimensions of Information Technology
Introduction to Computer and Information Technology
* Brief history of development of Computers.
* Computer System Concepts
* Computer system characteristics.
* Capabilities and limitations.
* Types of computers- Analog, Digital, Hybrid, General
* Special Purpose, Micro, Mini, Mainframe, Super.
* Personal computers (PCs)- IBM PCs. characteristics
* PCXT/ PCAT- configuration, Pentium and Newer PCs
* Specifications and main characteristics.
* Types of Pcs- Desktops, Laptops, Notebooks, Palmtop
* Workstations etc. their characteristics.
2) English and Communication
* Writing Skills
* Communication skills.
* Functional Grammar
* Tenses and Literature
* Lessons and Poems
* Text and reference books.
3) Electricity and Electronics
Introduction to Fundamentals of Electronics.
* Concept of Electronics
* Energy, Material, Force,
* Atomic Structure
* Voltage, Current, Ohm's Law, Voltage Drop, Power
* Soldering and De-soldering, Practical and Troubleshooting
Testing And Measuring Equipments
* Electronic Equipments:
* Analog Multi-meter
* Digital Multi-meter
* Analog Ammeter
* CRO's Function
* Tools and their Applications and Study
* Other Testing And Measurement Equipments
* Practical- Troubleshooting and Testing of Passive Components
* Definition, Intrinsic and Extrinsic, Doping
* Concept of Holes and Electrons, Current in Semiconductors
* Structure of Semiconductors
* P-type, N-type Materials
* Diodes, Types of Diodes, Checking of Diodes
* Transistors, Amplification, Gain
* FET, MOSFET, CMOS, HMOS,
* Integrated Circuits, IC Packaging Technique
Study of Power Electronics Devices
* Power Electronics Device
o UJT, Characteristics
o Regulator Circuits SCR Turn On and off processes.
Study of DC Motors
* Working of DC Motor
* Principle and Design theory
* Application in Hardware.
Study of Circuit and Analysis
* Circuit and Analysis.
* Resistive Circuit and Laws
* R-L, R-C, R-L-C Circuits and their use, Impedance, Impedance Matching and
* KVL(Kerchief's Voltage Law), KCL(Kerchief's Current Law), Practical and
* Cell and Batteries. Definition of Cell And Batteries, Ideal Cell Battery, Response
of Cell And Battery, Types, Application and Practical
* Relays and Switches. Definition of Relay And Switch, Physical Construction,
Types, Working and Application, Current Rating and Advance Applications,
Classification of Relays
* Introduction to Fuse. Definition regarding the Fuse, different types, Fusing
Factor, Applications, Practical
* The study of OP-Amps
* configuration and practical utility
Fundamentals of Communication Engineering
* Aspects regarding Communication
* Modulation and Demodulation
* AM, FM
Introduction to Internet and web searching
* Introduction to Internet concept
* Uses of Internet
* Creating Mail Account in different Sites
* Using Mails services
* Net surfing through Search engines
* Designing web pages using HTML etc.
4) Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
Logic Circuits And Principles.
* Definition of Digital Logic
* Logic Circuits
* Boolean algebra
* Number System, Grey code, ASCII code
* Parity bit and study of other related terms.
Logic Circuits and Gates.
* D flip-flop, T flip-flop, R-S, J-K F/F
* Use of all Gates and Flip-Flops
* SOP, POS, DE-MORGAN theorems, K-Map
* Multiplexer, De-multiplexer
* Encoder, Decoder
* Seven Segment Display
* Practical training and Project Studies.
Logic Gates and Semiconductor Memories
* Logic Families
* DTL,I2 L
* Digital IC's
* RAM (SRAM, DRAM, SIMM, DIMM, RIMM)
* ROM (EPROM, EEPROM, , EEPROM Programming)
* Concepts of EDO and non-EDO
* Primary and Secondary Memories.
* Introduction to Multi vibrators
* Monostable and stable multi-vibrators, multi vibrator using gates Principle
* IC555 architecture and working
* Study of Microprocessors
* Definition, Flags, Interrupts, DMA
* Address and Data Buses, and General Microprocessor
Assembly Language Programming
* Instruction set of 8085
* study of 8085 and its Instruction Set
* Assembly Language Programming, Pin Out Details
5) PC Architecture & Peripherals Part- I
Introduction To H/W And PC
* Definition of PC, its parts
* Block Diagram
* Peripherals of PC, PC-XT, PC-AT
* RAM, Introduction to Computers.
* PC-XT, AT, Pentium Motherboard Study
* Peripherals And Study of All Motherboards
* Pentium Motherboard
Card study and diagnostics
* Card study and Diagnostics
* various cards used in PC, its study and working
* Different types of Cards (Display card, IDE Card, Modem Card, TV Turner
* CDROM and DVD
* Tape Drive, Zip Drives
* SCSI Drive
* Data Storing Techniques FM, MFM, Media used etc.
* Keyboard study and troubleshooting, theory, types
* ports and connectors
* Modems study, theory, working and installation.
* Definitions, resolution, parts details, functions
* Printers, working, troubleshooting
* Scanners, working theory, troubleshooting
* Definitions of USB and related terms
* USB Mouse,
* Keyboard, etc.
PC Assembling, Software Installation and Trouble Shooting
6) Practical- I
Chip level repairing of different kinds of cards used in Electronics, Computers-modem cards(internal/external),TV Tuner cards (internal/external), different USB devices, Hubs, Switches, power supplies of different types, wireless cards, motherboards, HDD, FDD, keyboards, mouse, Printers -repairing of mechanical section, logic card repair, printer head repair, all kinds of printers i.e. DMP (pass book printers, line printers etc.) DeskJet, LaserJet, ink refilling.
Semester - 2
1) PC Architecture & Peripherals Part-II
* Study of various Power Supplies
* Switch Mode Power Supply-Block Diagram
* Principle of working
* Components, types
* Testing and measurements
* Fault finding
* Chip level repairing- SMPS used in Computers, Printers, Monitors etc.
* Different types of SMPS used in Electronics
* Study of MDA
* CGA, VGA in details
* Picture tubes, resolution, pixels, band-width
* Monochrome monitor, principle, measurements.
* Color monitor, principle, measurements, testing,
* Study with CRO, fault finding and their identification
* Study of faults in details with flow charts.
* Study of LCD monitors
* Chip level repairing- all types of monitors-monochrome, colour and LCD Monitors
2) PC Tools
* Virus Study
* Scandisk, CHKDSK, DM, Debug.
* Format Disk.
* MSD, NDD, VSAFE, MSAV.
* COPY, XCOPY, DISKCOPY, DISKCOMP.
Data recovery Techniques
3) Operating Systems
* Understanding of operating System
* Types of operating system
* Features, Security Definition of DOS, features of DOS, internal and external commands
* A revolution in operating system
* windows 95/98 and windows 2000, windows XP and windows VISTA
* Basic Unix and Linux Commands
* X-Windows Introduction
* use of Linux and Unix.
Unix And Linux-Basic Operation And Overview .
4) Basic Networking
* LAN, MAN, WAN
* Use of Networks/Internet work.
* Cabling concepts (Coaxial/ T.P/ Fiber optics)
* Bus Topology, Star Topology, Ring Topology
* OSI Model (Seven Segment Layer)
* Standard/ Cross Cable and making different types of cables.
* Installation of Windows XP, Windows Vista
* Installation Procedures
* Peer to Peer networking
* Files / Directories / Printer Services with Windows
* Installation of Window 2000 with Networking Configurations.
Linux Networking (Networking with Linux)
* System Requirements
* Installation and Basic Commands.
5) Personality Development
* Comprehensive Communication
* Memory and Retention Techniques
* Concentration Enhancement Techniques
* Soft Skills