Diploma in PharmacyHYDERABAD SIND NATIONAL COLLEGIATE BOARD
Price on request
1. Introduction of different dosage forms.
Their classification with examples-their relative applications.
Familiarization with new drug delivery systems.
2. Introduction to Pharmacopoeias with special reference to the
3. Metrology-Systems of weights and measures. Calculations including
conversion from one to another system.
Percentage calculations and adjustments of products.
Use of allegation method in calculations, Isotonic solutions.
4. Packing of Pharmaceuticals-Desirable features of a container-types of containers.
Study of glass and plastics as materials for containers and rubber as material
for closures-their merits and demerits. Introduction to aerosol packaging.
5. Size reduction Objectives, and factors affecting size reduction, methods of size
reduction-Study of Hammer mill, Ball mill, Fluid Energy Mill and Disintegrator.
6. Size separation-Size separation by sifting. Official Standard for powders.
Sedimentation methods of size separation.
Construction and working of cyclone separator.
7. Mixing and Homogenisation-Liquid mixing and powder mixing, Mixing of semisolids,
Study of Silverson Mixer-Homogeniser, Planetary Mixer; Agitated powder mixer;
Triple Roller Mill; Propeller Mixer, Colloid Mill and Hand Homogeniser.
Double cone mixer.
8. Clarification and Filtration -Theory of filtration, Filter media; Filter aids
and selection of filters. Study of the following filtration equipments-Filter
Press, Sintered Filters, Filter Candles, Metafilter.
9. Extraction and Galenicals-(a) Study of percolation and maceration and their
modification, continuous hot extraction-Applications in the preparation
of tinctures and extracts.