Diploma in Stitching & TailoringGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
Diploma in Stitching & Tailoring
PAPER-I (THEORY) READING AND CONSTRUCTION
I. Style Reading, Pattern Making and Construction Techniques (Theory)
1. Equipments used for Measurements and clothing construction- Drafting,
Cutting and Stitching, their use care and maintenance.
2. DRAFTING AND its importance.
3. ANTHROPOMETERY: Definition, Instruments used, Precautions,
Landmarks, Various Measurements [length, Girth and Width
Measurements]. Sequence of recording measurements.
4. THEORY OF PAPER PATTERN: What is Paper Pattern, factors
of Paper Pattern [Envelop, Lay out, Instruction sheet, symbols], Uses of
paper pattern, Home made Paper Pattern and Commercial Paper Patterns.
5. Figure Defects and their Remedies in various types of Garments.
6. Proportionate Style reading for Human Body.
7. Elements of art and principles of designing in relation to Dress Designing.
8. Factors influencing Dress Designing: Age, sex, physical, characteristics,
Geographical factors, climate and occasion etc.
PAPER-II (PRACTICAL) Fashion Designing & Garment Construction
1. Making samples of the following :
(a) Tacking, running, hemming, butten hole, fasteners.
(b) Seams : Plain, Counter seam, run and fell and french seam
(c) Seam finishes - over casting, pinking, turned in and stitched, binding
(d) Continuous wrap two piece placket, darts, pleats, gathers, tucks.
(e) Collars atleast 3 (Flat, peter pan, Cape etc.)
(f) Sleeves atleast 3 ( Dolman, puff lantern)
(g) pockets atleast 3
2. Construction of following Children garments :-
(a) Romper / sunsuit
(b) A line frock / Skirt and Top
(c) Night Suit
3. Construction of following : Ladies garments
(a) Ladies Suit
(c) Night Wear
4. Renovation remodeling of any one garment
5. Traditional Embroideries of India samples of -
Phulkari, Kantha, Shadow Work.
1 Lines-Vertical , horizontal, diagonal, broken curve, wavy, zig-zag.
3 Basic Block figure
4 Flesh figure
5 Formulation of Hand, Feet, Leg & Face
6 Sleeves & Cuffs
7 Accessories - Head gear, hats, bags, footwears, jewellery.
8. Trimmings : Tucks, piping, smocking, quilting
9. Frills, gathers
10. Color wheel
(a) Color Schemes
(b) Value and Intensity Chart
11 Sketching of different types of dresses on figures casual semi formal & formal
on adult female figure.
Dress Designing (Practical)
1. Designing garments for Children
a) Casual wear b) Party wear e) Play clothes f) Night wear
2 For ladies (a) Salwar Kameez (b) Blouse (c) Nightie
3. Using given material and suggesting suitable materials for different
seasons & to suit figures proportion. The students ae required to give
layout and estimate of fabric for all garments.