DMKM - Data Mining & Knowledge ManagementUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Masters Erasmus Mundus
€ 16,000 - (Rs 11,71,020)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Credits: 120
Frequent Asked Questions
Bachelor degree (a minimum of three years' study at a university and corresponding to the equivalent of 180 ECTS) in the fields of Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics. Mastering English at a level equivalent to 550 TOEFL.
What could be improved I liked everything
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Complex system modelling
Knowledge and Decision
Relational data mining
We should distinguish:
- Common courses. These are composed of 10 courses: 6 in Semester 1, 2 in Semester 2 and 2 in Semester 3. They are devoted to providing the students with the theoretical and methodological background for the specialties. All common courses will be guaranteed to be multi-localized by the partner universities, through video-conferencing . One teacher or a team can give each course. The courses will be then available to all students independently from the country they live in. In this way, all students will share a common background (same pedagogical content, same teachers and same language with a virtual unity of place). To every course teachers available locally at each university will supply 15 additional hours of tutoring.
- Specialty courses. Semesters 2 and 3 are dedicated to the acquisition by each student of two specialties provided by the partners under the mobility conditions stated below. Each partner gives a specific training related to its own specialties but following the global objective of the programme. In order to avoid course duplication, these semesters offer a total of six specialties including four courses each. The specialty courses are organized locally and not broadcasted using the video-conference technology.
Semester 2 is associated to the following specialties:
- E-Science, by the University of Paris 6 (UPMC, France);
- Data Mining & Complex system modelling, application in social science, by the University of Lyon 2 (ULY2 France);
- Knowledge and Decision, by Polytech’Nantes (EPUN, France);
Semester 3 is associated to the following specialities:
- Statistical Modelling and data mining, by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC, Spain)
- Relational data mining, by the University of Eastern Piedmont (UPO, Italy)
- Semantic Web, by the University of Bucharest (UPB, Romania)
- All common courses will be broadcast via videoconference;
- All courses will be taught in English;
- All class materials will be in English;
- All common courses will be recorded and made available to the students for downloading.
- Each course consists of 40 hours plus 15 hours of individual or collective support provided locally. This assistance will be scientific or pedagogical accompaniment for the students;
Application for Category B Scholarships: January 15
Selection meeting: January
Notification of the pre-selection lists: February 15
Final decision from EACEA: April 30
Application without Scholarship: April 30
Courses will start on: October