Doctor of Business AdministrationPearl School of Business
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
- MBA or Executive MBA from recognized academic institutions with a minimum of 10 years work experience. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in senior management / administrative position. - Other Masters degree subject to the completion of minimum MBA-level required courses as specified by the faculty. - Proof of proficiency in English language.
DBA blends the coursework and research investigation to facilitate creation of management knowledge entrenched in practices. It is an international programme of the highest quality as it is designed in collaboration withAITSchool of Management which was ranked third best among the business schools of South-east Asia in 2004 survey by Asia, Inc.
Mission & Vision
The mission of AIT-PSB DBA is to equip professional managers, owners and entrepreneurs with the skills to critically investigate the ongoing management practices and experiences and develop new contextual management concepts and theories.
There are several organizations in India and Asia which have excellent performance and have followed indigenous management practices. They provide tremendous opportunity for research and developing new management paradigms or theories entrenched in the Indian and Asian practices, ethos and values.
The AIT-PSB DBA curriculum is interdisciplinary, integrative and adopts a holistic approach. The required course work is structured into three perspectives: Research Methodology, Knowledge Building and Research Specialization including Dissertation writing.
The AIT-PSB DBA faculty consists of PSB faculty, AIT School
of Management faculty as well as visiting faculty from IIMs in India and reputed business schools in Europe and North America. The DBA faculty's academic work represents a wide range of management concerns and research interests. A key element of the DBA faculty is that they excel both in research and in teaching including executive education. In addition, most of them also have experience in industry and/or consultancy. The faculty thus balance theoretical and practical concerns in both their teaching and research.;
PSB and AIT School of Management provide the DBA participants with a supportive environment and world-class infrastructure in which they can develop their skills and aptitudes, helping them to reach their professional goals. There is an international approach to the DBA training with faculty having extensive experience in India, Asia and the rest of the world.
PSB's DBA is designed specifically to
* Enable DBA participants to acquire advanced management knowledge, research skills and holistic assimilation of technological, functional, and strategic issues in order to lead and manage organizations more effectively and in socially responsible ways.
* Train DBA participants to develop and hone management theories to enhance their leadership and strategic skills
* Help DBA participants to make contribution to management practice and create additional value for their organizations
* Prepare DBA participants to carry out research in organizational contexts using their practical experience and translating it into management theories which are practical and useful.
The programme is expected to be completed in three years, but not later than five years. All participants are required to complete course work equivalent to 24 credits (1 credit = 15 contact hours) and 60 credits of dissertation. The AIT-PSB DBA will train participants in research skills and methodology and provide opportunities to carry out holistic research integrating several areas of management. The DBA programme follows a holistic approach by integrating management theories and practices across different market contexts, business functions and strategies. All DBA
participants are required to complete three sets of courses, write a case study and conduct research to complete a dissertation. The programme structure is as follows:
Research Methodology Perspective (7 credits)
* Research Design & Data Collection (2 credits)
* Qualitative Research Methods (2 credits)
* Data Analysis & Interpretation (2 credits)
* Communication for Management Research (1 credit)
Knowledge Building Perspective (14 credits)
* Theories & Models of Markets (2 credits)
* Advanced Strategic Management (2 credits)
* Advanced Strategic Management of Technologies (2 credits)
* Advanced Corporate Finance (2 credits)
* Advanced Management Control Systems (2 credits)
* Advanced Marketing Management (2 credits)
* Advanced Organisation Behaviour & Development (2 credits)
Research Specialisation Perspective
* Special Study (3 credits): The Special Study will be tailor-made to the student's research focus, and will require understanding and critical review of the theories and research in the field of specialisation. The student will be required to prepare a research report, including a review of literature and a case study of an organisation.
* Dissertation (60 credits): Each student will write a dissertation and defend it. The student will be provided research guidance by the Dissertation Advisory Committee
Students will have a comprehensive examination and defend the dissertation proposal within one semester (about 3 months) of completing the course work, including Special Study. The writing of a dissertation is a must. Dissertation will be sent for evaluation to an external examiner. The final defence will take place once the student has completed all requirements of the programme.