Doctor of Naturopathy / Natural Medicine, N.D. / N.M.D.Indian Board of Alternative Medicines
Frequent Asked Questions
· Who is it intended for?
Who is eligible for this course? Those persons who have passed any degree course from an authentic institution. OR Those persons who have completed the M.B.B.S., D.M.S., D.H.M.S., B.H.M.S., B.A.M.S., B.A.S.M., B.E.M.S., B.I.A.M.S., B.N.Y.T., B.A.T.S., B.U.M.S., B.Sc, N.O., M.D(A.M) etc. For Practitioners / Research Workers who are practicing for the last 10 years, the minimum basic qualification is exempted.
What could be improved --
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Anatomy and Physiology
Diet and nutrition
Gynaecology and obstetrics
Teachers and trainers (1)
First Semester:1. History, Philosophy and Principles of Naturopathy;
2. Natural Health and Hygiene;
3. Natural Dietetics and Nutrition;
4. Anatomy and Physiology (Human Body Structure and Functions);
5. First Aid (Emergencies);
6. Methods of Nature Cure (Hydrotherapy, Choromotherapy, Heliotherapy, Fasting, etc.);
7. Pathology and Laboratory Diagnosis;
8. Acupressure, Reflexology and Acupuncture.
Second Semester:1. Psychotherapy;
2. Botanical / Herbal Medicine;
3. Yoga, Meditation, Massage and Physiotherapy;
4. Comparitive Studies of Modern Medicine, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Naturopathy;
5. Medical Jurisprudence and Ethics;
6. Gynaecology, Embryology and Maternity;
7. Clinical Diagnosis;
8. Management of Health Problems (Health Solutions).
Lessons on the eight subjects of each semester are sent by air mail. The student is allowed a certain amount of time to study the lessons following whichexamination papers are mailed to the student who will be asked to answer the same at his place of residence. All the question papers have to be solved and the answers sent to the Institute for evaluation. There will be sixteen papers in two semesters of 9 months each and each semester will have 8 papers. A N.D. / N.M.D. Certificate and Marksheet is awarded to the successful students.