Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)Aston University
In Birmingham (England)
Price on request
- Birmingham (England)
What you'll learn on the course
- Professional doctorate in pharmacy
- Suitable for registered UK Pharmacists working in hospital, primary-care or community
- Flexible programme
- Full approval for prior learning available for holders of relevant postgraduate diplomas or degrees
- Taught component (maximum of one-third) can be tailored to student / employer requirements
- Research training provided leading to supported relevant research in chosen field (two-thirds of programme)
- Appropriate for aspiring advanced or consultant level pharmacists
- Interim awards available (e.g. MSc)
- Clinical modules (optional) taught in practice setting.
Optional taught modules include:
- Clinical modules in most specialities
- Research skills
- Evidence based practice
- Service improvement
- Healthcare Organisation & Policies
The programme is delivered using a combination of lectures (usually distance learning), tutorials and practice-based learning (under consultant supervision).
Research element requires 4 pieces of publishable quality (peer-reviewed) original research.
Assessment by coursework, professional portfolio and research publications / thesis.