DOMS in OphthalmologyS.N. Medical College Agra
Price on request
In the true tradition of the college, the ophthalmology department has also arisen gradually and progressed rapidly. In the times of the Thomson Medical School the department functioned under the charge of a solitary lecturer and was a part of the Surgery department. In 1942, for the first time of full time post of Professor was created for the Deptt. of Ophthalmology and Prof. R.S. Verma (1942-52) was the first to be appointed. Another post was created in 1949 and was later upgraded to the rank of reader. A number of other tenure posts such as demonstrator, registrar, resident ophthalmologist and two refractionists were also added.
The department is recognized by the Medical Council of India to hold undergraduate and postgraduate training programmes and award degrees of M.S. and D.O.M.S. to the worthy students.