EC-Council - SECURITY 5(PART TIME)Rooman Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Price on request
EC-Council - SECURITY 5(PART TIME)
‘Security' is a buzz word that is catching up with diverse industry verticals relying on computing systems to keep the operations and business wheels moving. If you are someone who banks online, pays utility bills online, shops online, have children chatting online, downloads shareware and games, communicates over email, subscribes to a broadband connection or someone who uses a computer system at work /home, then you need to have Security 5 training to help you guard your information assets.
Any Office knowledge workers, Home users or even non-IT person using computers in their office.
Key Benefits :
On completion of this course, you would be able to bring greater value to the workplace in terms of better productivity and higher efficiency. Further, you would not be confined to the corporate space alone, but you will be a knowledgeable parent who can guide their children safely in cyberspace, the knowledgeable citizen who can safely use e-governance resources and the knowledgeable freshman who can help protect intellectual property on the net.
Course Contents :
Foundations of Security:
* Essential terminology
* Defining security
* Need for security
* Cyber crime
* Information Security statistics
* IS triangle
* Security myths
* How to harden security
Basic Security Procedures:
* Why do I need to worry about my computer's security?
* Hardening of Operating System
* Updating the system and configuring the updates
* Disable unnecessary services
* Strong password creation
* Deployment of antivirus and firewall
* Disable guest account access
* "Make Private" folders
* What is file sharing?
* Types of file sharing
* How to share folder?
* Configuring shared folder permissions.
* Hiding files and folders.
* File sharing tips.
* File downloading tips.
* How to backup data and restore?
* How to encrypt and decrypt files?
* How to kill suspect processes?
Administering Windows Securely:
* How to use the event viewer?
* How to enable auditing in windows?
* How to read logs on your system?
* How to close ports?
* Overview of the windows registry.
* How to restore the registry?
* How to close a port?
* Common internal commands.
* How to find services and ports they listen on?
Recognizing Security Threats and attacks:
* Phishing and its counter-measures
* Trojan Horse
* Social engineering
* Denial of Service
* Port Scanning
* Password cracking
* Basic security measures
Secure Internet Access:
* Basic browser security settings.
* How to restrict site access.
* Removing site from security zone.
* Secure website detection.
* Secure site and browser properties.
* Tools: Internet Filtering Software.
* Configuring Internet content access.
* Activating Content Advisor.
* How to deal with cookies.
* Using P2P networks securely.
* Choosing appropriate browser settings.
* Wireless network security features.
Working on the Internet:
* Precepts of Security
* Knowing Encryption
* Digital Certificate
* Digital Signature
* Working with e-mail (web based)
* Working with e-mail (mail client)
* Working with File Transfer- FTP
* Working with File Transfer - Web Folders
Knowing Online Payment Systems:
* Working with Credit Cards
* Working with Instant Messengers
* Working across File Sharing Networks
* Working on Dial-in Networks
* Working with Portable Devices
* Working with Wireless Devices
* Working with USB devices
* Working with Media Files
* Working with 3rd party software
* What is Incident Response?
* Incidents and responses.
* Trojan attack.
* Boot sector virus attack.
* Corrupted registry.
* Automatic running of CD-ROM (autorun.inf).