Engine room team managementInternational Maritime Training Centre
Price on request
The needs of contemporary vessel operation necessitate that engineer officer must have technological skill.
Engine room casualty are frequently a consequence of human factor rather than only be short of of technological cognition. The significance of mounting 'people' skill or 'soft' skill is flattering increasingly obvious. This program is targeted at mounting the HR use & management skill of the candidates. The program is conducted according to the guideline as affirmed under ERRM" in the S.T.C.W. Section B-VIII/II, Part III-II. The program consists of lecture, simulator exercise, de-briefing session & case study & is carried out in an Engine Room Simulators setting.
Uses the Engine Room Simulators to improve the E.R Team Management skill of watch-keeper.
· to formulate effectual team-work heading to optimum utilizations of E.R machineries & HR
· to offer theories & hands-on coaching in the principle of human factor as relevant within the machineries space
· to confirm a change of attitudes & management skill
· to modify the E.R teams to answer expeditiously to altering circumstance & contingency.
The program is suitable for: All Engineering Officer
Program Syllabus :
This program covers the subjects known in the leadership concerning watch-keeping arrangement & principle as affirmed in S.T.C.W. B-VIII/II & further stresses on:
· Needs for E.T.M.
· Error Chains & error management
· Effectual communications & Multi-cultural aspect
· Stresses & its management
· Situational consciousness
· Interactions among rank
· Time management or work-loads, delegations & plan
· Contingencies plan
· Leaderships & Decision-making
· Case study
· Extensive hands-on exercise
The program is performed on a state-of-the-art "Part complete Missions" Engines N.O.R.C.O.N.T.R.O.L.K.O.N.G.S.B.E.R.G. Engine Room Simulators.