Forensic Science and Medical BiologyAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9,250 - (Rs 7,67,790)
- Bachelor's degree
- Cambridge (England)
What you'll learn on the course
Forensic Science is the application of scientific disciplines and techniques that may be used to produce evidence acceptable in a court of law. Recent advances in Forensic Science, most famously in DNA analysis, have combined to greatly increase the investigating powers of practising forensic scientists, making this a field of increasing importance and relevance.
This academically challenging course delves into some important and fascinating areas of science. The real focus of this course though is on providing you with the practical skills used by professionals within the field which should make you very attractive to a range of potential employers.
Year one core modules
- Introduction to Forensic Methodologies
- Introduction to Biology and Forensic Chemistry
- Physical and Quantitative Chemistry for Forensic Scientists
Year two core modules
- Introduction to Analytical Chemistry and Laboratory Quality Management
- The Forensic Analysis of DNA and Biological Material
- Spectroscopic Techniques for Forensic Science
- Project Preparation
- Scene Laboratory Investigation
Year three core modules
- Advanced Forensic Methodologies
- Undergraduate Major Project
Assessment is via a mix of examination, essays, work portfolios, presentations, poster presentations, role play and evaluation of work from practical classes.