The fundamentals of financial risk management - Paris Sciences LettresFrance Université Numerique
What you'll learn on the course
Risk in Industry
The course runs for six weeks and includes:
- video summaries (approximately 40 minutes a week);
- multiple choice questions to test your understanding at the end of each week;
- a forum managed by the Institut Louis Bachelier to foster exchanges around the concepts introduced in the course
- Course structure
- Week 1 / Risk in Industry : an overview of risk and risk management, with a more detailed look at its place in the banking industry.
- Week 2 / Market Risk : Risk in the markets – how market participants can gain and lose from the markets ; and how can this can be managed.
- Week 3 / Credit Risk : How economies are grown through credit, the risks of excessive credit growth and how credit risk can be managed.
- Week 4 / Liquidity Risk : How the recent crisis brought this risk into the mainstream of risk management.
- Week 5 / Operational Risk : The « least rewarded » risk ; how risks related to the operations and day to day running of a firm can be identified and managed.
- Week 6 / Strategic Risk : How risk management can be part of your strategic planning for any firm.