GIS for Urban EnvironmentsKhagolam Institute of Geoinformatics
- 80 hours of class
Frequent Asked Questions
Basic knowledge of windows operating system Knowledge of Environmental Concepts Students of M. Sc or M. Tech in Environmental Science Biologists, geologists, conservationists, and other responsible for managing the environment increasingly rely on Geographic Information System (GIS) to even the odds.
What you'll learn on the course
GIS for Envirnoment
GIS for Envirnoment in Pune
Teachers and trainers (1)
Earth environment is a single, vast interdependent system. We cannot make demands on the environment in one part of the world without creating consequences in another. Earth’s increasingly complex environmental challenge demand increasingly sophisticated solutions. Geographic information system (GIS) is one solution to humanity’s need to better manage. Protect and preserve our environment.
Environmental GIS describes the use of geo-spatial management methodology and tools in order to assist in developing an Environmental Management strategy. As GIS applications reach a broader audience, and the utilization of GIS spreads into new industries every day, the demand within the private and public sectors continues to grow. GIS has become a primary means of communicating spatial information in a multitude of settings in environmental applications.
- Understand Map concepts, how GIS works, technical terms in GIS, common task in GIS
- Describe types of data model and its uses, difference between vector and raster, consideration of scale and generalization
- Give example on analysis unit and aggregation considerations
- Explain types of coordinate system, and their need
- Explain types of maps and their comparison, appropriateness to map variables for different application
- Describe use of thematic maps in planning and decision making
- Explain types of measurement scale and difference among them, use of scale specific theme
- Describe kinds of classification terms and data exploration terms
- Explain related geo-technologies like GPS, LiDAR, Remote Sensing etc.