Graduate Programme in Creative TeachingJain Group of Institutions
Graduate Programme in Creative Teaching
The flagship of iACTis its Graduate Programme in Creative Teaching. This course is meant for fresh graduates/post graduates with or without an education degree. As part of the programme, future teachers are trained to be effective communicators, creative in the class room, competent in their subject matter and child centred in their approach. The course consciously aims at providing individual attention to every trainee-teacher.
The unique elements of the programme include:
- A special focus on Presentation and Communication Skills to enhance the self confidence of the trainees-teacher and help them realise their true creative potential and develop their ability to empathize, listen and work with others.
- A full course on creativity that outlines all the essential aspects of this mystical process. The course discusses the barriers to creativity and provides adequate tools and techniques to make the teacher and the teaching process a creative and fruitful endeavour.
- A Course on Education Studies which aims at developing the future teachers' understanding of fundamental concepts in education and link theoretical ideas of learning to school and class room experience.
- A pedagogic studies course (specialisations offered include English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Computer Science) that seeks to enrich the trainee-teacher's subject content knowledge and develop their understanding of the curriculum in the context of the student's learning strategies.
- A course on Moral and Spiritual education that aims at providing the right value orientation to trainee-teachers.
- A School Practicum programme wherein the Associate Schools of iACT are sites for the trainee-teachers to not only learn teaching but also absorb the ethos of the school and benefit from associating with experienced mentor teachers. The school visits are supplemented by a School and Class Room Management course, where trainee teachers share their school experiences and are guided on effective school and class room management practices.
During the course a wide range of instructional learning practices are adopted. Besides formal teaching, the activities as part of the programme include workshops, seminars by trainee-teachers, group discussions, group work and journal writing.
- A health education course to familiarise the trainee-teachers with good health practices in order to transmit the same to students.
- A practical course on using technology as a teaching aid. This course helps, teachers to link technology to their regular school routine and integrate technology to instructional practice.
- Theatre workshops aim at a new and innovative process of learning and help trainee-teachers hone their teaching and communication skills.
- Simulated teaching with video recording in order to permit the trainee teachers to review their own presentations.
- Field trips to unique and innovative educational institutions and initiatives.
- A course on `Creative Pursuits` which provide students with `hands on` training to develop simple yet effective teaching aids.
- `Meet a Creative Person` programme, which brings the trainee-teacher face-to-face with creative individuals from different fields.
Course Schemes and Duration
The one year rigorous programme is divided into two semesters. The programme includes a large component of school-based work in Associate Schools. iACT's network with school facilitate effective, hands on practical training for teacher trainees and placement for all successful students of the programme. The academic component of the programme was evolved through consultations with eminent academicians, experienced teacher educators, school principals and teachers.
iACT Placement Cell network with school in India and abroad, assisting them in their effort at finding suitable teachers for their institutions. Teachers can place their resumes oniACT's website or send them via post. These resumes are scrutinized and added to the existing database of prospective teachers. iACT assists applicants in finding suitable positions in leading educational institutions across the country. Many Schools and Colleges have used the services of the placement cell to recruit effective and innovative teachers. Teachers need not pay anything for this service.