GROUP EXERCISE SPECIALTY CERTIFICATE COURSEBFY
Price on request
To provide content knowledge and practical experience concerned with teaching and evaluating group exercise classes. A variety of group exercise classes will be introduced: step, slide, water, yoga, cycling, and use of resistance equipment.Upon completion of this course, students will have knowledge of and experience with the following:
1. Apply principles of exercise physiology to a group exercise session.
2. Understand the content of an evaluation tool for determining a safe and effective group exercise class and apply it in a group exercise setting.
3. Understand various group exercise formats through reviewing and participating in practice sessions and viewing DVD segments on the various activities.
4. Understand how muscle balance and biomechanical principles as well as fitness for health principles apply to a group exercise setting.
5. Understand music selection and produce a music CD for your final presentation.
6. Remember safe and effective procedures for various types of group exercise sessions such as water exercise, step, yoga, circuit training, and use of resistance equipment.
Create, prepare, and lead a group exercise class.