Hospitality English LanguageReception Academy
£ 199 - (Rs 17,248)
- Intensive workshop
- London (England)
- 30 hours of class
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
During this two (2) week course you improve your understanding of hospitality terminology and focus on real life situations you will face whilst working in Hotels.
· Who is it intended for?
This interactive Hospitality English course is designed for individuals looking to develop their professional language and conversational skills, specifically for use within the hospitality and customer service sector.
A passion for the Hospitality industry.
· What marks this course apart?
Reception Academy's students are trained in accordance with 5 star brand standards of international hotels. Through tailored courses we prepare these skilled candidates to successfully embark upon Hospitality careers. In partnership with over 500 Hotels we maintain a 95% employment success rate for our graduates. As an accredited institution of the BAC we can also offer visa application assistance for Non-EU students, subject to UK visa eligibility requirements.
· What happens after requesting information?
To enrol, book online: - Visit www.receptionacademy.com - Choose the course you want to do - Decide the preferred start date for your course - Select your preferred time - Choose your payment option (paid-in-full discounted rate or instalment rate) - Enter your details (including payment details) - You will receive an email confirmation of booking - Please complete the registration process by adding a password for your account.
· Why Reception Academy?
Reception Academy is the leading training school for short term vocational Hotel Training. The hotels we work with are well known and much respected in the industry. Through our connections with Hotels, we have taken great effort to learn their specific requirements and what qualities they look for when hiring hotel staff. Our unique concept provides a platform which connects fully trained students with hotels looking to recruit staff. Our successful high record of converting our inexperienced students into employed Hotel Receptionists, speaks volumes as to why people chose us. Feel free to watch our videos on the Reception Academy YouTube channel, which include testimonials from recruiters of major brands as well as previous students talking about the quality of our training.
What you'll learn on the course
Professional language skills
UK 5 star Hotel essential language skills
Teachers and trainers (1)
- Welcoming guests
- Holding a conversation
- Follow up conversations
- Conversations in a lift
- Small talk
- Communication between departments
- Telling the time
- Giving directions
- Floor levels
- Phone conversations
- Recommending places to visit
- Show round language
- Essential hotel vocabulary
- Language used at the Reception Desk
- Check-In vocabulary & conversations
- Check-Out vocabulary & conversations
- Language used in the Restaurant
- Up-selling services & facilities
- Language used by Sales & Marketing
- Describing a room/room categories
- Language used by Reservations
- Taking a booking
- Selling a room
- Language used by Housekeeping
- Special occasions
- Language used in Accounts
- Obtaining Method Of Payment (MOP)
- Explaining the bill
- Checking guest satisfaction
- Handling difficult situations & complaints
- British English versus American English
- Forbidden service phrases
- Use of positive language
- Employment vocabulary
- Basic interview phrases
- Conflict in the workplace
Methods of learning:
- Student voice recordings
- Intonation checks
- Voice recognition exercises
- Tutorial videos
- Visual exercises
- Listening exercises
- Pronunciation checks
- Interactive language games
- Use of Reception Academy Workbook
- Phonetic alphabet (universal alphabet)