Independent and Supplementary Prescribing Update (V300)Anglia Ruskin University
£ 9,250 - (Rs 7,71,140)
- Cambridge (England)
What you'll learn on the course
This workshop is suitable for non-medical prescribers working in the community setting, for example nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists and podiatrists.
Workshops will cover aspects in prescribing such as:
- legislative and guidance changes
- antibiotics - recent changes/competency requirements
- respiratory - asthma/COPD new medicines and where they fit
- prescribing 'specials' - the guidance and law
- QIPP in relation to practice - cost-effective prescribing?
- current management of common dermatological conditions
- update on general prescribing issues
- musculoskeletal conditions - pharmacological treatment options and guidance
For the workshop held in Peterborough, topics will include:
- the medication review consultation
- pain relief - NSAIDs and others
- how do you measure BP according to NICE?
- is it viral or bacterial? The UTI
- EHC - the morning after consultation
- emergency hormonal contraception