INFORMATION SYSTEM AUDITNational Insurance Academy
Price on request
Information and Information Technology (IT) are amongst the key resources of the modern enterprise. Effectively controlled IT environment is essential not just for IT systems: it serves the administrative, accounting, operating and information management systems as well. The premium on effective control in a fast-moving IT-dependent business world is not easy to discharge. Business IT is getting increasingly complex and difficult to understand. In such a situation IS audit forms an essential part of business to measure the effective use of IT in an organisation by ranking how well it identifies and meets specified objectives so as to achieve success and competitive age in the business.
LIC has developed Internal Security Policy and the same has been rolled out for implementation. In view of this, the internal auditors need to acquire information system audit knowledge and skills.
· Requirement of transition of internal audit to Information System Audit
· Hardware, software, Network concepts
· Information System (IS) Audit Concepts
· Information Security Policy Review
· Study of IS Audit Questionnaire for branch office
· Field visit and branch office audit
· FEAP Audit; Linux Audit;
· PC Audit Tools
· Network Security Concerns
· Encryption & Digital Signature
· Cyber Laws
· Business Continuity Management
· Information System Experience Sharing from other sector
After completion of this programme, participants will be able to
· Identify the need of IS Audit
· Assess the risks associated with IS
· Explain different IS Audit techniques
· Demonstrate better security and privacy of business data through the process of IT audit.
· Conduct IS Audit in branch offices