Intellectual Property Laws & ManagementInstitute of International Trade
VAT not incl.
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
- Understanding various instruments of intellectual property - Analyse the role of World Intellectual Property Organisation and other international agencies' in intellectual property (IP) promotion and regulation - Importance of various IP and various agreements in global business environment - The link between intellectual property and the corporate world - Understand and interpret various types of IP laws in context with the Indian business scenario - Effectively execute filing and application procedures of various types of IP - Technically validate and answer to various claims, appeals, oppositions etc. - Master due diligence techniques while dealing in legal matters - Gain competitive edge over various areas of IP management
· Who is it intended for?
- Engineers and Science Graduates can be prospective patent agents besides being the inventors - Students in Research Programmes can participate in the patenting of pioneering breakthroughs - Lawyers will be equipped to assist the client in advising on Copyrights, Trade Marks, Designs etc. - Chartered Accountants will find it as a value addition in valuing their client's intellectual property - Company Secretaries can be the key player by communicating the fair value of company's IP to stake holders. - Scientific Officers in R&D are always inventing and innovating, which calls for proper documentation and protection of the IP at stake.
Minimum Graduation with a technical background
What you'll learn on the course
Teachers and trainers (1)
- Intellectual Property Rights - An Introduction, different types of IPR & a historical perspective
- TRIPs - Harmonization and unification for IPR laws, various international conventions and treaties such as Paris Convention, Berne Convention, Convention of Bio-Diversity and Sui Genesis System on Plant varieties
- Patents - Laws and procedures for Patentability, prior and search filing of application, fee structure, Prosecution drafting, Publication, first examination report, replies to objections and grant of patents, Pre-grant opposition, post-grant opposition & appeals, International filing laws and procedures for PCT & certain jurisdictions being EPO & USPTO
- Trademarks - Laws and procedures for filing applications, Prosecution, opposition, appeals, litigations, International filing, Madrid Protocol, case studies.
- Designs - Industrial Design Act, procedures for filing of application in India and abroad
- Copyrights - Different kinds of copyright, laws and procedure for filing & grant of copyrights
- Integrated Circuit Layout and Designs and Geographical Indications- Laws and procedures
- Assignment, licensing, sales of various types of IPR; drafting of deeds, implications of stamp duty, Registration etc
- IP Management - General features, objectives and importance
- IP Accounting & Valuation - Various accounting standards & methods of valuation with case studies & illustration.
- IP Management Tools - IP Risk Management, IP Audit, IP Analysis - Landscaping & portfolio management, IP Commercialization - IP Broking / Auction, IP Due Diligence - M & As; IP & HR - NDAs, Drafting letter of Appointment etc.; IP security, IP Taxation - Implications, IP Mining, maintenance, IP watch