Introduction to Intellectual Property Law - IIwww.mylaw.net
What you'll learn on the course
Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual Property Rights India
Intellectual and industrial property
Law and Commerce
Law for Business
Law and Business
Teachers and trainers (1)
After graduating from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, Samar worked with the top tier law firms such as Luthra & luthra Law Offices, New Delhi and Amarchand Mangaldas Suresh A. Shroff & Co., New Delhi. At rainmaker, Samar focuses on intellectual property rights and on aviation financing-particularly aircraft leasing and financing-and writes regularly on these issues.
P R O G R A M M E O U T L I N E
Unit 1: Understanding Industrial Designs
• Examine the purpose and scope of ‘designs’ along with the subject-matter of registration under the Designs Act, 2000.
• Study the concepts of rights and infringement under the Design Act, 2000.
• Identify various kinds of designs that are prohibited under the Designs Act, 2000.
Unit 2: Understanding Confidential Information and Trade Secrets
• Examine the purpose and scope of ‘confidential information’ and ‘trade secrets’.
• Examine various case laws on breach of confidential information and the ‘springboard doctrine’.
Unit 3: Understanding Geographical Indications
• Examine the purpose and scope of ‘geographical indications’ under the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration & Protection) Act, 1999.
• Analyse various concepts of rights relating to geographical indications and the implications of infringement of geographical indications.
Unit 4: Concepts in New Indian Legislation Relating to Intellectual Property Law
• Examine the purpose and scope of ‘plant varieties’ as defined by the WIPO and under the Plant Varieties Act.
• Understand the rights covered and protection against infringement offered by Plant Varieties Act.
• Examine the purpose and scope of ‘integrated circuits’ and the protection offered under Indian intellectual property law.
• Examine the protection offered by Integrated Circuit Act to intellectual property, including subject-matter, rights, and infringement under it.
Unit 5: A Discussion on International Organisations, Treatise, and Conventions in Intellectual Property Rights
• Examine the role and working of important international organisations such as W.I.P.O. and W.T.O.
• Analyse the impact of W.I.P.O. conventions that India is a signatory to.
• Understand the impact of other important international conventions and treaties on intellectual property rights.
• Learn about the history, evolution, and working of TRIPs.
Unit 6: Understanding the Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Economic Development and Globalization
• Examine the significance of intellectual property rights in economic development.
• Analyse the relationship between intellectual property rights and human development.
Unit 7: Emerging Issues in Intellectual Property Rights - I
• Examine critically new and upcoming issues in intellectual property laws such as domain name registrations, digital rights management, and traditional knowledge.
Unit 8: Emerging Issues in Intellectual Property Rights - II
• Study emerging issues in intellectual property laws such as dilution of trade marks, evergreening of patents, and the open source movement.