ISS - Introduction to Proventia Network Intrusion Prevention SystemRooman Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Price on request
ISS - Introduction to Proventia Network Intrusion Prevention System
The Introduction to Proventia Network Intrusion Prevention System System course provides concepts, methods and practices necessary to successfully use Proventia Network IPS with the SiteProtector management tool. Starting with an introduction to the SiteProtector architecture and the different components, students will learn about the role of each component and how they act in concert to monitor and protect a real-world network. Students will learn how to install and configure SiteProtector, as well as how to monitor network assets in the SiteProtector environment. The course provides in-depth practices necessary to successfully manage Proventia Network IPS appliances, focusing on hands-on exercises supported by demonstrations, presentations and lecture. Students will learn about the appliance's operational modes and how to properly deploy the appliance in a high availability environment. Students will also master managing and configuring a Proventia Network IPS appliance and security monitoring and analyzing.
Audience : Network and security professionals evaluating, implementing, managing, or monitoring ISS Proventia Intrusion Prevention System or Proventia Management SiteProtector.
Course Contents :
* Installing and configuring SiteProtector components: Deployment Manager, Application Server, Site Database, Event Collector, Agent Manager, X-Press Update Server.
* Deploying SiteProtector components on a network.
* SiteProtector user groups and permissions.
* SiteProtector console to monitor security events, and to manage SiteProtector components.
* SiteProtector Web portal to monitor security events and run reports.
* SiteProtector and network assets to facilitate effective management and analysis.
* Best practices user events, analysis views, guided analysis tools, data filters, incidents/exceptions, and baselining.
* SiteProtector reporting module to schedule and run reports.
* Configuring SiteProtector components and X-Press Updates to SiteProtector.
* Manage the Proventia Network IPS, including configuring Proventia Network IPS to communicate with and be managed by SiteProtector.
* Describe pre-defined appliance responses and configure response objects.
* Configure protection domains and various types of security events for Proventia Network IPS.
* Configure connection events, firewall settings, and user defined events in the appliance policy.
* Tune advanced parameters for Proventia Network IPS.
* Use Proventia Manager to manage and monitor Proventia Network IPS.