At first the college started with the name "Janta Agriculture Degree College, Ajitmal" by the great efforts of three esteemed personalities Pt. Laxmi Narayan Dixit, Babu Ganga Vishnu Ji Agrawal and Babu Brajendra Mitra Ji in July 1959. In July 1964, the classes of B.Sc.(Biology) were started and its name was changed to Janta Mahavidyalaya Ajitmal. Their was also a memorable support of Shri Buddh Singh Ji, Ex-Pradhan, Malgawan, who donate the 50 acre land to the college. When the college faced many difficulties honourable Dr. Ramdas Ji support here with everything, that time was not forgotten. Ex-principal Major Gajraj Singh, Shri B.K.Mishra and the Ex-secretary of management committee Shri Satya Narayan Dubey and Shri Chaudhari Shiv Prasad will also memorable because with efforts of these personalities the college gains a prime level in the District, State and Country also. The college is affiliated to Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur for its various degree courses and education.