K.C. Das Commerce College is located within the Guwahati city at a distance of 37 KMS from the Gopinath Bordoloi Airport, Borjhar, Guwahati and 3 KMS from the Guwahati Railway station.
A well known centre of Commerce education in the North-East, it was established on the 7th day of November, 1983. Born out of the untiring efforts of a group of eminent educationists and free thinkers, the preliminary expenses to institute the college was met by the financial assistance given by Sri Ramesh Chandra Chaudhury and the college has been named in the cherished memory of his father, late Keshab Chandra Das, an educationist of repute who was the Inspector of Schools, Assam in the 1930's.
Initially, the college functioned in the evening with one hundred and seven students in the premises of Sonaram H.S & Multipurpose School, Bharalumukh, Guwahati .On the 30th of November,1994, the college was shifted to its permanent site at Chatribari, Guwahati -781008,and since then it became a day college.
The college came under the deficit-grants-in-aid system in the year 1998. At present it has ten departments, viz-Accountancy, Management, Finance, Economics, Mathematics and Statistics, English, Assamese, Hindi, Bengali and Information Technology and it imparts education to more than eighteen hundred students with an efficient and dedicated teaching staff.
The college imparts learning to more than twenty six hundred students with an efficient and dedicated teaching staff. On October 17, 2006, th