KNOWLEDGE AND CONTENT MANAGEMENT WITH OPEN SOURCENational Insurance Academy
Price on request
Executives and other officials in large organizations know that they must develop better techniques to manage knowledge, which is increasingly becoming their greatest asset. Organizations currently create and maintain knowledge in isolated systems targeted at specific workgroups. For users outside the workgroup, that knowledge is virtually invisible. Their only options are to spend time looking for it, recreate it, or do their job without it. Each of these options has a price: time, energy and bad decisions. Appropriate use of Open Source tools and related practices can be of greatly contribute in more effective Knowledge and Content Management. The value of Knowledge Management relates directly to the effectiveness with which the managed knowledge enables the members of the organization to deal with today's situations and effectively envision and create their future. Innovative organisations like LIC are examining how they can derive maximum benefit out of open source tools for managing their intellectual capital and digital contents.
After completing this programme participant will understand broad process of locating, organizing, transferring, more efficiently and effectively using and managing organizational knowledge and digital contents.
· Essentials of Knowledge Management
· Knowledge Management Roles
· Best Practices for organization of knowledge management
· Technologies for enabling Knowledge Management – intranets, Document management systems, Data Warehouses and data mining tools, Help desk applications
· Open Source Knowledge and Content Management Systems for Knowledge contribution and collection , Knowledge Retrieval, Knowledge Directory, Knowledge categorization, Knowledge agents, Content Management