Language Course in JapaneseThe American College
Price on request
Basic Japanese 1 (one semester)
This is an introductory course aiming at developing the four skills ie., speaking, reading, writing and listening. Students are introduced to about 400 vocabulary, Hiragana, katakana and 75 Chinese characters.
This is an introductory course aiming at developing the following skills:
1. Listening and Understanding: Listening to and understanding the language of elementary ad basic structure.
2. Speaking: To engage in simple conversation on topics of general interest and of daily use.
3. Reading: To be able to read and understand simple texts using Hiragana, Katakana and about 75 basic Kanjis (Chinese characters)
4.Writing: to be able to write Hiragana, Katakana and about 75 Kanjis of elementary use. . .
5. To give the learner ability to use the grammatical structure of the language and essential basic vocabulary of a minimum of 400 words.
6. To enable the learner to translate simple sentences of Japanese into English/Tamil language and English to Japanese.
7. To expose the learner to simple aspects of life and culture of Japan as an implicit part of the content of the course.
Basic Japanese 2 (one semester)
Students who have completed Basic Japanese1 can join this course to acquire more proficiency in the language. An addition of 600 vocabularies and 170 Chinese characters are introduced. On completion of Basic Japanese 2, students would have mastered about 1000 vocabularies and 245 Chinese characters.
1. JPN 1601 Basic Japanese -1
2. JPN 1602 Basic Japanese -2
3. JPN 1401 Basic Spoken Japanese – 1
4. JPN 1402 Basic Spoken Japanese – 1