LEGAL ASPECTS OF LIFE INSURANCENational Insurance Academy
Price on request
With Insurance Sector thrown open for private players and IRDA playing a pivotal role in regulating the sector, legal and regulatory issues have become of vital concern. In addition, we have a number of grievance- redressal mechanisms like Consumer Courts, Ombudsman etc. where again legal knowledge becomes essential. The Managers of Legal Dept also have a responsibility for explaining the cases in proper perspective to our advocates, who are not insurance practitioners. The programme is designed to equip the Managers (Legal) with knowledge and special skills regarding legal issues.
At the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
• Acquire an overall understanding of the functioning of Legal Dept.
• Gain insight into important aspects of acts like Consumer Protection Act, Contract Act
• Right to Information Act
• Transfer of Property Act, Civil Procedure Code
• Gain competence in legal aspects of handling cases relating to Consumer Protection Act.
• Relevant sections relating to
• Civil Procedure Code
• Consumer Protection Act
• Succession Act
• Industrial Labour Laws
• Transfer of Property Act
• Contract Act
• Insurance Act 1938, IRDA Act 1999
• Grievance Redressal Mechanism
• Insurance Ombudsman
• Business Ethics
• Implication of R.I. Act
• Intellectual Property Act