With a view to cater to the needs of technical education in Saurashtra region of Gujarat, Morbi Technical Institute was commenced in 1931. The late Honorable his highness Lukhdhirji donated his palace with 40 acres of land, in 1951 on the bank of river Machhu, aptly named after Lukhdhirji. Thus MTI could be upgraded to its present state as Lukhdhirji Engineering College.Initially the L. E. College was established to offer conventional degree courses in disciplines like Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Gradually the diversified disciplines like Industrial, Production, Power Electronics and Information Technology were introduced at the degree level and the ceramic at the diploma level besides conventional diploma courses stated in the table given below. The college is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Saurashtra University, Rajkot, (Gujarat) which accredited four star university by NAAC.