M.Ch. Surgical GastroenterologyMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
1. Anatomy - Gross and histological anatomy of the abdomen .and its
contents including entire GI tract, Liver ( including segmental anatomy),
Biliary tract, Pancreas, spleen, portal and Hepatic venous system.
2. Physiology - Normal function of GI tract and related organs including
endocrine functions of gut and pancreas. Physiological basis of various
tests to study these functions.
3. Pharmacology of drugs used in GI surgical disorders e.g to control acid
secretion in the management of ulcerative colitis and immunosuppresive
4. Fluid -electrolyte and acid base disturbance- general aspects , imbalance
in GI surgical patients Physiological responses to volume and osmolalty
abnormalities, Interpretation of blood gas analysis, maintenance and
5. Nutritional considerations in GI surgical patients.- Nutrient stores and
Body compositions, Nutrient requirements, Mal nutrition, Evaluation of
nutritional status., Nutritional therapy, enteral and parenteral therapy
and complications of these.
6. Wound healing- Principles, Phases, types of healing, influencing factors
on wound healing, wound dehiscence and management.