M D (Doctor of Medicine) : BiochemistryALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Price on request
- New delhi
At the end of the 3 years training in Biochemistry, the PG student is expected to:
Demonstrate his understanding of the
1. Concepts and principles of general biochemistry.
This includes molecular motif of a living cell, structural and functional hierarchy of biomolecules
and their structure-function relationships. Biochemistry of human nutrition, metabolism, metabolic
interrelationships, metabolic homeostasis, molecular and cell biology, body defense against
xenobiotics and pathogens, principles of various laboratory estimations, instrumentations and
rationale underlying biochemical laboratory investigations.
2. Fundamentals of biostatictis
1. Conduct Biochemical laboratory investigations and experimentations relevant to clinical
management and biomedical research. Analyze, interpret and evaluate the data. Rationalize their
application in clinical management and experimental research.
2. Plan & conduct lecture, practical demonstrations, tutorial classes and small group discussions
on clinical problems for undergraduates students of medical and allied disciplines.
3. Be familiar with literature survey/computer skills.
4. Critically review & comment on research papers and give oral presentation.
5. Prepare research protocols, conduct experimental studies analyze and solve clinical and