M D (Doctor of Medicine) : PharmacologyALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Price on request
- New delhi
At the end of the 3 years training in pharmacology, the PG Student should be able to
1. Acquire sound knowledge of general pharmacological principles, systemic pharmacology and
rational use of drugs.
2. Plan and conduct lecture, practical demonstration, and tutorial classes for students of medical
and allied disciplines.
3. Carry out screening of drugs for pharmacological and toxicological profile.
4. Critically review and comment on research papers.
5. Monitor adverse drug reactions, therapeutic drug monitoring, and able to provide drug information
service to needy places.
6. Preparation of protocols to conduct experimental studies in animals and human drug trials
The following self learning sessions for PG students will be held
• Post graduate lectures in systemic pharmacology to update various aspects basic pharmacology
and applied therapeutics.
• Therapeutic club: To critically analyze the day to day development in therapeutics and new drugs
• Journal club: To familiarize with research methodologies and analysis of results.
• Seminars: To update newer developments in pharmacology/emerging trends/ novel mechanisms
of drug action etc.