M D (Doctor of Medicine) : PhysiologyALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Price on request
- New delhi
The training programme endeavors to give a general and comprehensive exposure to psychiatry. General
objective of the training programme is to enable the candidate to acquire knowledge, skills and desirable
attitudes in the principles and practice of psychiatry and gain a particular proficiency in the widely
accepted theories and technique.
At the end of the course, the candidate should be able to:
1. Function as a competent psychiatrist – a physician specialized in the diagnosis, treatment and
rehabilitation of psychiatric disorders (mental, emotional and addictive disorders).
2. Having an understanding of the biological, psychological, social, economic and emotional aspects
of psychiatric illnesses including possible preventive measures, primitive measures for mental
well being and contemporary advances and developments.
3. Carry out detailed assessments including appropriate investigations.
4. Prescribe psychotropic medication, physical treatments such as ECT and monitor side-effects.
5. Evaluate and treat psychological and interpersonal problems, including providing psychotherapy
and counselling in selected cases.
6. Acquire a spirit of scientific enquiry and be oriented to principles of research methodology and