M.D. in Pediatric MedicineMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
The Goal of M.D. (Pediatrics) Program is to provide training in Pediatrics and Neonatology
to produce competent specialists who are able to provide basic and speciality care of the
highest order to neonates, infants, children and adolescents at the community level and at
primary, secondary and tertiary levels of health care, and to act as future trainers, teachers,
and researchers in the field of Pediatrics and Neonatology.
I) Basic Sciences and Laboratory Medicine as applied to Pediatrics and Childhood
II) Clinical Epidemiology
III) Ethics in Pediatrics and Child Care
IV) Computers in Pediatrics
V) Pediatric and Neonatal Therapeutics
· Effects of physical and physiological changes on the pharmacokinetics of
commonly used medications in Pediatrics.
· Recognition of drugs that are contraindicated, and used with extreme caution in
specific pediatric populations.
· Effects of maternal therapy on the fetus and the neonate.
· Secretion of drugs in the breast-milk.
· Patient education and parent education for appropriate drug dosing, formulations
and administration techniques.
VI) Preventive Pediatrics
· National Health programs relevant to Pediatrics and Child Care.
· Epidemiology of common health problems and diseases.
· Vital statistics: Maternal Mortality Rate, Perinatal Mortality Rate, Neonatal
Mortality Rate, Under-5 mortality Rate: Definitions, National Status, Determinants,
Interventions aimed at reduction of the rates.
· National Immunization Programs and policies.
· Other vaccines not included in national immunization program.
VII) Social Pediatrics
· Child labour, Child abuse, Child neglect, Failure to thrive, Social issues relevant to
· Media and children
· Children at special risk
· Environmental health hazards.