M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics)Sardar Bhagwan Singh PG Institute of Biomedical Science
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
B.Pharm with minimum 50% marks
The discipline of Pharmaceutical Sciences offers systematic study of syntheses, analysis formulation, standardizations, marketing and dispensing of Medicines. The syllabus of Graduation level (B. Pharm.) borrows heavily from both basic and applied sciences. The subjects can be broadly classified as: Pharmaceutical Chemistry dealing with synthetic drugs, pharmaceutical analysis, involving modern analytical methods and sophisticated instruments for quality control of basic drug and formulation. Chemistry of natural products-explaining methods of isolation, purification, characterization and biological evaluation of phytopharmaceuticals. Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical technology dealing with preparation of tablets, capsules, injections, syrups etc. Pharmacology and Toxicology, study of action of drugs on living organism and their adverse effect and pharmacognosy a science dealing with drug of natural (plants) sources. The subjects can be broadly classified as:
* Chemistry of natural products-the isolation and evaluation of medicinal substances from natural sources.
* Analytical Sciences- Hi tech instrumentation used in pharmaceutical industry for quality control procedure and research.
* Pharmacology- The therapeutic action of drug on body.
* Pharmaceutical engineering and technology- The technological aspect of manufacturing and formulation.
* Hospital and Clinical pharmacy- Optimum uses of drug in specific patient conditions.
* Medicinal Chemistry - Designing & synthesis of molecules of medicinal importance.
Pharmaceutical/ Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry of Natural Products, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmacognosy, Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Microbiology etc.