M.Pharm.:Pharmacy PracticeNational Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Beginning from the academic session 2002-2003, NIPER has introduced a new course leading to the award of M. Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice. The three core areas identified for this department are Clinical, Hospital and Community Pharmacy. In a very short span of time, the department has made significant progress and has been able to evolve on the first two areas by developing a strong interface with three major hospitals in the region.
One of the missions of the department is to provide quality-teaching programs that will prepare the students for entry into all areas of professional pharmacy practice.
The department intends to promote research and service, demonstrating excellence in professional practice and outreach. Currently, the emphasis is placed on principles of pharmacotherapy and practice management for the purpose of advancing quality cost-effective pharmaceutical care. The Department of Pharmacy Practice is committed to:
* Development of long-term functional practice skills in its students, and others in the profession
* Development and practice of systematic approach to identification and finding solutions of drug-related problems
* Implementation of Good Pharmacy Practice Points for Clinical pharmacists and for clinical pharmacy educator
* Research leadership in desired areas of excellence and developing areas especially pertaining to the rural health
* Development of interdisciplinary research programs within the Institute and others schools of Pharmaceutical sciences in the country
* Leadership in national, state and local professional associations and a strong role in developing future practice standards and models
* Provision of the highest level of pharmaceutical services to the citizens of country
The department intends to grow into the following areas and looks forward to collaborate with external agencies
* Promoting rational use of drugs. The department works in close coordination with the Delhi Society for Promotion of Rational use of Drugs (DSPRUD).
* Research into the drug-related healthcare issues
* Identifying, monitoring and solving drug-related problems
* Establishment of clinical pharmacy services
* Drug utilization reviews and cost containment issues in hospital pharmacy
* Setting up of Patient counseling facilities in hospitals
* Offering Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programs for all sections of the profession