M.Phil. Biotechnology (PART TIME)Kovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
M.Sc. Biotechnology / Life Science with 55% or above.
Biotechnology offers an opportunity to identify the new diseases in the field of medicine. It produces vaccines and drugs to prevent and cure the diseases with advanced techniques; to identify genetical disorders in human beings, plants and animals.
Biotechnology is the science of today and tomorrow. It has applications in all major service sectors. i.e. health, agriculture, industry, environment etc. Biotechnology as an application science has taken firm footing in many countries
abroad where a number of transgenic crops, genetically modified food and recombinant therapeutic molecules for human and animal health are available in the market. Biotechnology as a science of service to human society is yet to make inroads in India.
Our research covers a wide spectrum, from whole organism biology upto molecular biology an modeling, where molecular ecology forms the bridge between many of our diverse interests.
The coming together of Biotechnology and informatics is paying rich dividends. Genome projects, drug design and molecular taxonomy are all becoming increasingly dependent on informatics. The cost of products through a biotechnological process is always less than that produced through a chemical synthetic route.
Highlights and Achievements
* Our Faculty have published 35 papers in National and International Seminars.
* Guest Lectures conducted in year 2008 to 2009 – 7 (National and International)
* Conducted National Level Conference Marina ’07 and Marina ’08.
* Students of Biotechnology UG and PG were presented Papers and Posters in various National and International Conferences and Seminars in various colleges.
* Dr.K.Selvam, Head has been awarded with Rs.6, 92,800 from UGC, NewDelhi under major research proposal (MRP).
* UGC sanctioned 6 lacks Rupees Major Research Project - Wood rotting fungi in Western ghats for biotechnological process.
* Our faculty Mr.A.J.Visaga Dhaththan acted as resource person at KG college for Bioinformatics workshop.
* Our faculty Mr.V.Shanmugaraju acted as resource person at Government college on Omics.
* II PG Students and A.J.Visaga Dhaththan participated "Micro array and Bioinformatics tools in Biology" workshop at Bangalore Conducted by IOCB- IISC-Bangalore.
The department offers M.Phil degree in Biotechnology.