M.Phil:EconomicsThe University of Mysore
Price on request
Course of Economics and Cooperation is one of the oldest departments of the University and being at the core of its faculty of arts, the Department of Economics and Cooperation has always played its role creditably as a centre of qualitative teaching and research. It has a long list of former students who have distinguished themselves in education, administration and other areas of public service in India and abroad. Reputed economists like K.T. Shah, N.S. Subba Rao, V.L. D' Souza, M.H. Gopal, R. Balakrishna D.M Nanjundappa, P.R. Bramhananda, Ranganath Bradwaz and M. Madaiah were once on the faculty of this department.
The Department of Economics and Cooperation is one of the largest departments under the Faculty of Arts in the University of Mysore. The department was started in the year 1916 but it had no independent existence. Master's degree course was started in the year 1926 along with B A Course in Maharaja's college. The Post-graduate course was separated from under graduate courses in 1960-61 and the former got shifted to the new campus at Manasagangotri, Mysore. With generous assistance from the UGC and other sources, the department has grown both horizontally and vertically over a period of time. The teaching posts at the time of inception of the department were: one professor, two Readers and one Lecturer. Over the years, the strength of the faculty has increased to 16 of this 6Professors, 5 Readers and 5 Lecturers. The department from time to time has introduced new specializations with a view to diversify the existing structure and respond to the changing needs of the country's manpower requirements.